Self care isn’t just about giving yourself the odd pamper night as much as that is nice. It’s about making yourself a priority.
So many of us don’t do this because we were brought up to always put others first but this in it’s entirety has been misinterpreted.
It’s not about dropping everyone and only looking out for you…it’s about making yourself a priority so you can be your best for those you love.
Whether thats taking 10 minutes to do a quick meditation or going for a walk round the block, or committing to meal prep so you can relax for the rest of the week. It’s all individual to you but if you can do it on a daily basis, you will notice a shift.
Here are some other ways you can look after YOU:
- Get more sleep ( A must for all aspects of wellness)
- Every day make time to do the things you love.
- Set boundaries with your friends and family (very often we give in to these people above our own needs)
- Delegate (You don’t have to do everything…share the load)
- If you need help, ask for it.
- Learn to say no.
Don’t just take my word for it though…here are a few of my favourite books on the subject if you’d like to read up a little more on self care and making yourself a priority.